When you are on the water with Coastal Fly Angler / Captain Eric Wallace your health and safety are our first priority. Please know the same holds true as we navigate this ever changing COVID-19 situation. The latest staged reopening of Maine’s economy allows for the following: WILL UPDATE AS THE SEASON GETS CLOSER.
( Maine Prices 2020 Specials)
May – Guided fishing for Maine residents. No lodging, no Food or Drinks. I CAN TAKE YOU FISHING!
June – Open for business for Maine residents or non-residents that have self quarantined for 14 days. Lodging, dining and guided fishing.
July/August/September – Fishing is open and ready to book, as far as lodging for folks staying in hotels the language on the state web site is unclear. Feel free to email me as I will be sending out updates as the state moves forward on opening up lodging for non residents.
Some State Guidelines to how we will be running trips this spring.
May - Out-of-state paying clients will not participate in Guided Hunting, Fishing, and Outdoor Activities until the Executive Order requiring a 14 day quarantine for out-of-state visitors is lifted by the State
• During Phase 1 comply with current standards for number of people and physical distancing. (1-2 anglers max for my skiff)
• Communicate with clients in advance regarding new operational procedures. • Arrange for payment using online or phone payment processes.
• Under no circumstances should a client or Guide/Captain participate in a guided trip if they show signs of illness.
• Clients and guides are not to ride in the same vehicle to or from any guided activity at this time.
• Clients should provide their own water bottles, sunscreen, insect repellent and personal food while in the field.
• Guides and clients should wear face coverings when indoors or when unable to maintain physical distancing. Face coverings that become wet must be replaced with dry face coverings.
Guides will have readily available hand sanitizer, cleaning products and spare face coverings on every trip.
• Sanitize equipment used by clients with EPA registered products (see above) after each trip paying particular attention to “high-touch” surfaces
• Use separate equipment for guide demonstrations.
• Equipment provided for client use such as fishing rods, paddles, life jackets, etc., must be sanitized before and after use.
• Phase 1 does not allow meal preparation. Clients are responsible for their own food.
- For those wondering what you can do to support Coastal Fly Angler and the many guides, and outfitters in the world of fishing, there are a few simple and easy things that will help: Be proactive. Book your future trips now and please use full-time guides!!! the part timers have some kind of income already, There is no reason that anglers cannot be looking to schedule trips for the up coming summer months. This is also a great time to secure dates for 2021 or even 2022.
- We all realize that this situation will pass and eventually the world will re-open! Just as your small, local retailers and restaurants are encouraging people to buy gift cards, future bookings and reservations will help our industry more than you know! The reality is that many people are now attempting to roll dates over to next season, which of course means that future availability is going to get very tight, very quickly. Don’t wait to book future trips if you want to reserve your favorite guides, dates, tides, etc, and as always when you hold or book at date with Coastal Fly Angler and for any reason It has to be moved I will honor those deposits for up to 3 years!!!
- If you have any questions feel free to reach out!!! I have plenty time to chat about fishing and can honestly say my fly boxes have never been so full......Stay healthy and Foward we go!!!!